Melissa J. Swindle
Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D., 1999, summa cum laude)
Eastern Illinois University (B.S. in Business, Accounting Major)
- Business Litigation
Direct Line: 469.899.9807
Melissa Swindle is Of Counsel to Stewart Wiegand & Owens PC, focusing her practice on a variety of complex commercial litigation matters, including securities and other class action litigation, shareholder derivative litigation, antitrust, and commercial torts, in both federal and state courts.
- Briefed and obtained dismissal at motion to dismiss and summary judgment stages, a variety of matters including securities litigation, False Claims Act litigation, and other business disputes.
- Defended numerous securities fraud class action cases, including drafting and arguing rule 12 motions, overseeing discovery, and trial preparation.
- Represented accounting firms in professional malpractice and securities class action litigation as well as before the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy.
- Represented a client in major federal and state shareholder derivative litigation, guided the client through the Special Litigation Committee process and successfully moved for dismissal in both actions based on the recommendation of the Special Litigation Committee.
- Served on a pro bono basis as attorney ad litem for two children removed from the YFZ Ranch in El Dorado, Texas in In the Interest of 330 Children from the YFZ Ranch.
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association